Information about the space. Rooms, reservations of the space, cleanup, storage, personal project storage, borrowing, media policy (lumber, paint plastic, bolts, electronics…).
Create a new virtual “Child” topic in the Space and Tools Wiki category and move content to it when this page gets too large. Link to the new Child topic at the top of the “Parent” page and where appropriate within the “Parent” page.
- Hall -
Unwanted equipment - See Donations-Procedures
- Office - Rack for personal projects is stored here along with the 11x14" printer, paper and signs to put out for Open Houses.
- Lounge - 3D printer, Exhaust hood, laser engraver, public computers.
- Workroom - Main Tools room and storage
- Snack Room - Please pay for snacks. Please replace sodas you take from the fridge so there are always cold ones.
- Electrical Room - Library books and magazines.
- Trash cans
- Trash bags - Trash bags can be found on the shelves in the Snack room.
- Fire extinguisher is and should always be on the file cabinet right inside the workroom entrance.
- First aid kits are and should always be in the lounge room shelf next to the TV on the wall and on top of the first shelf on the left in the storage area in the workroom. There is Kleenex there also.
- Never leave saw dust on the floor or around machines. It’s flammable.
- Never leave anything on top of a tool. Vibration will cause the item to fall easily causing an injury.
- Always use the exhaust hood when doing any operation that might cause fumes.
Courtesy to other members and respect for the space.
- Please know that there are no paid staff - we are all members - the space is your responsibility.
- Always leave the space cleaner than you found it. If you have to leave in an emergency and don’t have time to clean up please ask another member to help.
- Return all tools to where they belong so other members can find them quickly where they expect them to be.
- Never leave personal items around the space. Use the rack space in the front office or request a bin in the storage area of the workroom.
- Label all personal items brought into the space and your projects with your name so they are not considered donations or trash/recycling.
- Empty the trash cans and recycling bins when they are nearly full. Dumpsters and recycling bins are outside in the back of the building.
- Makerspaces are places to make projects quickly with readily available resources… You would not want to waste your valuable time to clean up or remove items from a tool before you can use it.
- Use the recycling bins in the hall for paper, paper board, plastic bottles, Cardboard. We do our own single stream recycling. Sort it into the proper bins when you take recycling out. Dirty and oily pizza box cardboard is trash not recycling.
- Never vacuum up anything larger than saw dust. Use the broom and bucket first. It’s very easy to clog the corrugated vacuum hose. If a vacuum doesn’t seem to be working check the hose and check whether the vacuum needs to be emptied.
- Avoid using the compressor to clean sawdust off items. It just settles other other equipment possible electronics.
- Always use a vacuum hookup when using a machine that creates dust particularly the sander (it creates very light dust that goes everywhere).
- Always close the workroom door when using tools that create dust.
- Clean our sink after every use. Clean public sink in restroom perfectly.