I want to send a working Rasberry Pi system to a friend that works with an orphanage in the Dominican Republic. I don’t have the time to put it together. Reply or email me if you are interested and have the time (email@example.com)
I have a Pi and an SD card and am willing to pay for someone to get the rest of the hardware and put it together (although I’m assuming most of us would do it just for the entertainment value). I’m hoping to keep my total costs around $75 or so (including extra hardware and paying for your time) but if you think it would take more, let me know. I’m hoping to get it out within the next week or two.
Requirements (what I expect you to do):
- Make sure you have a TV you can use
- Get the Pi and SD card from me --we can meet at the make space (SD card adapter, USB keyboard and mouse too if you need it)
- Acquire additional components (power supply, wireless adapter,?) (using “the funds” to pay for them)
- Research a good image to use. Educational related things would be good, but I am basically looking for a web browser and simple end user interface
- Image the SD card
- Install the hardware
- Make sure it works on wireless and wired
- Research and install some kind of games and some kid programming environment (like Scratch) and put shortcuts on the desktop.
- Provide no more than an hour of support to walk the end user through setting it up and doing something cool. If they can’t get it working in an hour, the experiment is a failure.
- 3D print a case
- Include custom text on the case
- See if a protein folding game would run
- See if we can use Amazon Mechanical Turk from the system (or any other way someone could make money online with just an Internet connection)
- Let me know any ideas you have!